Although research has shown that there are several medical benefits associated with the use of CBD. However, CBD users must also be aware that there is risk associated with taking this drugs.
Studies by the Swedish conscript showed that daily users of CBD are three times more likely to have schizophrenia at 45 and other mental health problems. Also, researchers have linked the use of CBD during pregnancy to impairment in the development of the fetus.
Furthermore, regular use of CBD among teens can lead to memory loss and several negative behaviors. Other risk associated with the use of CBD includes but not limited to the following:
- Increased tremor in people with Parkinson disease: Recent studies have shown that CBD taken in high doses may worsen tremor and muscle movement suffered by people who have Parkinson disease. However, one way of getting over this is by reducing the dose consumed because CBD can also be safe and well-tolerated by people affected by this condition. Therefore, CBD users who have Parkinson disease must, first of all, consult their doctors before using this drug and also start with low doses.
- Low blood pressure: Furthermore, higher doses of CBD can cause a drop in blood pressure which is usually associated with lightheadedness. Therefore people who are on medication for blood pressure must consult their doctor before taking CBD.
- Inhibition of hepatic drug metabolism: One of the minor side effects of CBD is the inhibition of hepatic drug metabolism which occurs when CBD interacts with a series of pharmaceuticals drugs used in treating humans. When a CBD user takes high doses, the cannabinoid can neutralize the activities of P450 enzymes, thereby altering the ways drugs are metabolized in the body. Therefore, any CBD user placed on pharmaceutical medications must discuss some potential risk with their doctor before taking CBD. cbd flower for sale
- Dryness of the mouth: Another known risk associated with taking CBD is the dryness of the mouth. This is caused by the involvement of the endocannabinoid system in the inhibition of saliva secretion. Research shows that cannabinoid receptors present in the submandibular gland are responsible for saliva production in the body when these receptors are activated, salivary production is altered leading to the dryness of the mouth.
- Lightheadedness: This can be caused by the drop in blood pressure due to high doses by a CBD user. However, this side effect of CBD is temporal and can be resolved merely by taking a cup of coffee or tea.
- Drowsiness: CBD can also lead to drowsiness when taken in high volume. Therefore, a CBD user affected by this must not operate machinery or drive a vehicle.
Finally, despite the immense benefits of using CBD, there is still some known risk associated with the use of CBD, such risk includes fatigue, low blood pressure, drowsiness, light-headedness, increased tremor in people with Parkinson disease and reduced motor functions. Therefore, CDB users must consult with their doctors beforehand to know if they are safe from the risk listed above.